Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Learning Git

I've been using GitHub a little bit more in some of my personal (and possibly future professional) work. GitHub is a web-based Git repository hosting service. It offers all of the distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.

Behind GitHub is Git which is, essentially, the text/console version of GitHub. I thought it would be a little interesting (not a lot!) to learn some of the Git commands. So I stumbled upon this article from Lifehacker talking about teaching Git. The Codecademy course is free for the first lesson in each unit and after that you pay.

However, I did find a great resource on GitHub that would teach you for free. Check it out and then you can use Git like the xkcd cartoon below.



No comments:

Post a Comment